Educators: Looking for a New Career Opportunity?
The New York State School Boards Association is seeking a full time professional educator to become a trainer/facilitator for school district leadership team training. If you would like to be part of a dynamic work environment, then join our Latham, NY staff!
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including membership in the NYS Employees' Retirement System. NYS Teachers' Retirement System service credit is fully transferrable.
The Responsibilities of a Leadership Development Manager include:
· Deliver professional development training to boards of education through in-person or virtual delivery; facilitate custom board retreats and workshops; secure speakers, presenters, subject matter experts and facilitators as needed.
· Identify relevant topics for educating and training boards of education; research topic areas, coordinate with other subject matter experts and write curriculum, facilitators' guide and presentation materials.
· Write articles and reports; laborate with colleagues and other professional associations. Attend professional development opportunities as needed.
· Travel frequently statewide, evening and weekend work, and demonstrate the self-discipline to work within a flexible schedule.
· BA required; MA preferred.
· Minimum of five years' experience teaching or delivering in-person and/or virtual training and developing curriculum.
· Experience in team building and group process (facilitation) skills within an adult educational or corporate training environment.
· Experience delivering webinars or micro-learning.
· Strong interpersonal skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Experience in business software systems including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sharefile, Survey Monkey, GoTo Meetings and other training platforms.
· Knowledge of public education issues and trends preferred.
Expected start date: January 2019. To apply for confidential consideration, email resume and cover letter by November 16th to:
Subject line: Leadership Development Manager
24 Century Hill Drive, Suite 200
Latham, NY 12110-2125
An Equal Opportunity Employer.