The Trucking Association of New York is currently seeking a full-time Director of Membership Relations. The primary function of this consultative sales position is recruiting and retaining members. Promoting participation in association programs, events and activities is also a key job function.
The ideal candidate must be proactive, self-motivated and have excellent communication and relationship-building skills. The individual must also be able to work both independently and as part of a team, working closely with colleagues to meet association goals. Familiarity with non-profit, membership-based organizations is preferred but not required.
Key Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Experience managing sales pipeline, forecasting, and closing deals.
- Develop and implement strategic plans designed to grow membership and increase retention rates.
- Develop and maintain prospect lists utilizing a variety of sources.
- Serve as a liaison to the membership by building strong relationships with key contacts and assisting them as needed.
- Ensure membership database is updated and accurate.
- Promote the association in a positive manner to both the membership and public by participating in events and staffing the association booth where appropriate.
- Experience in the trucking industry is preferred with a knowledge of applicable laws, regulations and best practices.
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule with extensive travel within New York State. Estimated travel is 50-75%.
- Valid driver's license.
Desired Background: 5-10 years of experience working with business owners and executives in a consultative sales manner and/or experience in the transportation/supply chain industry.
This is a base salary + commission position. A base location in the Clifton Park, NY office is preferred, however qualified candidates based in other parts of New York will be considered.
The Trucking Association of New York provides a competitive compensation and benefits package, including a 401(k) plan. The association is an equal opportunity employer.
Please respond with cover letter, resume and salary requirements.