Our Albany-based membership association is seeking applicants for the position of Association Meeting Planner.
- Coordinate and plan all association meetings.
- Assist in site selection, negotiation, planning and management of association’s annual governance meeting.
- Work closely with Executive Director and other association leaders.
- Work closely with sales, banquet and related staff & vendors at meeting hotels and event venues.
- Prepare materials/reports for our annual meeting.
- Prepare minutes and related documents memorializing actions at annual meeting.
- Work with association councils on meeting planning matters and leadership awards.
- Oversee compilation of association directory with support staff.
- Bachelor’s degree, plus five or more years related experience.
- In-depth knowledge of association meeting planning.
- Familiarity with current trends in the meetings industry.
- Ability to work professionally in business and social settings.
- Ability to thrive in a challenging and fast-paced atmosphere.
- Personable, detailed-oriented and flexible.
- Good negotiating and communications skills.
- Must be able to lift 15 lbs. and stand for extended lengths of time and walk long distances.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
- Some travel required, mostly in New York State.
This position provides a competitive salary and attractive vacation and employee benefits, including health, dental and retirement benefits. To apply, send resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to